Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Fave songs as voted by fans

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ampeg J's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was not a member when you guys did the voting, but if i could place a vote, "Midnight Music" HAS to be on the list!!!

    Er, by the way, I'm a musician ( Bassist )that has been teaching my 14 year old daughter Runaways songs on the guitar ( I thought i would start her off properly ).

    She has a knack for rythem, and a great voice, so who knows? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Greetings Ampeg J and welcome to The Runaways message board!
    Midnight Music is definitely a great song. It's cool you are teaching your daughter the Runaways songs!
    Look out [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] world! [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

    Hey, is Midnight Music one of them, she is learning?

    Happy posting!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ampeg J's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have just started working on Midnight Music,it's going well, but we have a little work to do on it yet.

    So far she knows Cherry Bomb, American Nights, Mama Weer All Crazee Now, Rock and Roll, and Queens of Noise. She can do the lead guitar for Queens of Noise too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    johnnyjosephemil
    Guest johnnyjosephemil's Avatar

    Post

    "Wasted this and wasted that."
    "Wasted is where you're at."
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member davthepunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really like 'Johnny Guitar'. I'm not sure why so many reviews say that it ***** ...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member davthepunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Chance_Lander:
    "Midnight Music" has always been my favorite Runaways track. "Cherry Bomb" is magnificent of course, but there's something about "Midnight Music" that I really love. "Queens" is their best album, too, IMO. I still remember clearly the day I bought it in February '77. I was a massive fan, loved the first album, and was ecstatic to find they'd topped it and expanded their range a bit on the second go round.
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">Agreee with you 100%. I didn't hear the Runaways until their stuff was re-released in 2003 (they broke up before I was even born) but QoN is by far their best recording - the guitar work is amazing. Unfortunately, it all went a bit downhill from there - Joan Jett is a great singer, but Cherie was better IMO.

    It's a crying shame that Cherie hasn't put out a full album for 25 years - I'd love to see her get a new band together and rip up the stage with her brand of zero-bullsh*it rock 'n' roll once more. I can't imagine there being any shortage of musicians willing to work with her.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Chance_Lander's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "Midnight Music" has always been my favorite Runaways track. "Cherry Bomb" is magnificent of course, but there's something about "Midnight Music" that I really love. "Queens" is their best album, too, IMO. I still remember clearly the day I bought it in February '77. I was a massive fan, loved the first album, and was ecstatic to find they'd topped it and expanded their range a bit on the second go round.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ampeg J's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is a magnificent song! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I went to a music store today, and played Midnight Music on a Fender 12 String Acoustic.

    Almost made me want to buy the darned thing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I'm with you on that.. if Cherie ever needs a Bass player, i know a good one. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member davthepunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really should get a guitar. I gotta get myself organazized... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Andrivette's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe, I just joined Hostboard a few hours ago. This is Ampeg J's daughter [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I *roughly* learned "Midnight Music" and "I Love Playing With Fire" now. I want one of those Jackson guitars...my pickups aren't up to par, and Jacksons are nice anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •